Known bugs :
- The right click sometimes shows properties of a wrong widget.
This has something to do with a problem in the function "over_what" that does a recursive exploration of widgets.
- In some rare cirumstances, a drag & drop of a widget makes it disappear.
Again, this has something to do with a problem in the function "over_what"; wild guess : start exploration from the widget, not from the top of the DOM tree. When this bugs whows up, a "parent-child loop" is in fact created in the DB (the parent of the widget has the widget itself as parent).
As a consequence the positionning is usually badly computed as well, kicking the widget off the screen.
Resetting the parent of the widget and its coordinates manually in the DB will bring it back in the designer(after a reload of course).
- In the label editor there is a problem when trying to immediately re-edit a label just created (without having clicked OK).
To Do :
- On small widgets, resizing is not practical and "conflicts" a bit with the current left-click action.
- The widget class should be editable in the designer.
- Default Zindex should be added in the DB, both "show_widgets" scripts and made editable in the designer.
- Default Font Family should be added in the DB, both "show_widgets" scripts and made editable in the designer.
- A widget TabIndex should be added in the DB, both "show_widgets" scripts and made editable in the designer.
Unlike the class, several widgets are not supposed to have the same tabindex, but checking this seems too complex, especially thinking to the subwindows structure where several interfaces are brought together in one page.
- The "Hidden widget" feature shall be removed, as it has been superseded by the subwindows system.
- For selector widgets, there should be a way of filling the "select_source" table within the designer.
- There shall be a place to change more general properties, not specific to the interface, but specific to the main windwow like :
- Editing the main window template.
- Adding/Editing JS code to events specific to the whole page like onload, onunload, onerror, mousemove,...
Nice to have :
- This project needs a sexy name & logo !!! Any artists out there ?
- There should be a way to select / edit a widget from a widget list, or more ideally in a widget tree.
This would be especially usefull for small widgets, or widgets hidden behind others.
- Cut, Copy & Paste with usual CTRL-X,C & V.
- Group selections, and making properties & Cut, Copy, Paste work on these selections.
- Only the designer main window can be moved, Properties, Action & label windows should be movable as well.
Long term goals :
- Today, including JS libraries is done by adding a "<script src=..." manually in the main window template.
Libraries should be handled completely by the IDE, centralized in DB or in a combination of file store + DB.
These "modules" (a bit like OCX in VB) shall be made easily available to add in the main window properties (see above), and the "show_widgets" script shall create "<script src=..." automagically.
Futhermore, function / methods / properties made available by modules included this way shall appear in some selector in the Code Editor, possibly with a short parameters type & description.